In our collections, we have an altar cloth that was used at the Union Prairie Lutheran Church.
Union Prairie’s congregation was founded in 1908 and initially held services in Norwegian. It ran continuously from its founding its home north of Bowman. As the population dwindled due to bad farming years and the changing practices of the farming business, Union Prairie Church was closed in 1994. The building was moved to the Pioneer Trails Regional Museum property to preserve it and show an important early part of pioneer life in North Dakota in the mid-90’s.
Items such as this altar cloth were donated by the remaining congregation for preservation.